Monday, December 20, 2010

Donald Does RI: Winter Addition

As 2010 comes to a close, Donald has made an unprecedented second visit to Rhode Island. In October, he suffered some major health complications that had us questioning whether he'd even see another Halloween. He's made a slow and steady recovery over the last month and a half, while focused on the one goal of cooking Christmas dinner for his girls. Though we offered to fly to Bermuda, hoping to save his body the stress of travel to the frigid cold of New England in the winter, he insisted on making the trek to us.

Much has changed in the last six months, perhaps not least of which includes my moving out of the house on Vineland Avenue. Donald is having to make himself at home in my cozy one bedroom apartment in Riverside. I do fear that he'll find the solitude of this little life I'm building dull compared to the buzz of my old home. But, two days into his visit we're settling into a happy new routine. I must admit that the looming prospect of sleeping on my couch for three weeks makes me miss Vineland's guest room!

The faint sound of Donald's snoring is drifting down the hallway as snow gathers on the windowsill. Sipping on a glass of eggnog and enjoying the soft glow of white twinkle lights on the Christmas tree, I'm feeling truly blessed this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment